I have been nominated for a Liebster Award! I had no idea what a “Liebster Award” was, so, I googled it. To find out more about the Liebster Award and the Rules click here.
I was nominated by my friend, Ken Stark. You may remember Ken from my review of his book Stage 3 and the interview I did with him. If you’re a Stark fan, you should know he’s got another book coming soon, Arcadia Falls! I can’t wait to read and review his next book! You can get a sneak peek of both books here. Thank you for the nomination, Ken!
11 Random Facts About Me
1. My gamer tag is Phroggee. It used to be Froggie or Froggee. More and more people started using those, so I adopted the ‘ph’ spelling. I play all sorts of games. I’m not always good at them, but sometimes I rock. =P I mostly play games on Steam (PC), but I also play games on Origin (PC), Minecraft (PC), Elder Scrolls Online (PC), WiiU, and some Playstation games. I used to play World of Warcraft, but I fell out of love with it. I often wish I had more time to play and more money for games. =)
2. I love to craft and create things. I’m a knitter and a scrapbooker. I like to sketch and doodle. I’d love to learn to paint, leatherwork, blacksmith, weld, quilt, and do stain glass… just to name a few. There’s just something about seeing the finished piece that feels so rewarding. The people in my life are often subjected to gifts I’ve made. =P
3. I don’t need a lot of people around me. As long as I have my kids, I’m good. I rarely crave the company of others. I’m sure part of it has to do with my social anxiety, but not the majority of it. I grew up on a farm with only my little brother anywhere close. I had cousins I saw often and friends who spent the night from time to time, but I never craved others.
4. I will always pick a cabin in the woods over a fancy hotel/resort. I enjoy rural areas much more than urban ones. In fact, urban areas tend to give me anxiety. Give me trees! And maybe a creek or pond… that’d be cool.
5. I used to have a scrapbooking business. I sold pre-made albums on eBay and through my website. I also did custom orders for albums, shadow boxes, etc. The business fell flat when we had a house fire, and I had nowhere to work. By the time our house was “fixed”, manufactured albums (albums that looked like scrapbooks) were hitting stores everywhere and could be printed from all sorts of photo companies. It just didn’t seem worth it to continue. I still scrapbook for fun.
6. I make my own lotion, deodorant, laundry detergent, and dishwasher detergent. I save a lot of money. I try to evaluate our lives and find ways to save money and improve what we use. Recently, I experimented with hooks and line to make my own indoor clothesline system. The lines can be removed easily without much evidence they ever existed. I haven’t used the dryer since.
7. I believe I’m gluten and lactose intolerant. They both seem to do horrible things to my body. I never realized lactose could cause headaches. I thought it was just digestive related. My body also hates preservatives. If I have too many preservatives in my diet, my anxiety and depression get worse. My body hates a lot of things. Now add in all the foods I can’t have because of stomach issues and you’ll find my sad, sorry excuse for a diet. =P
8. I don’t know if I could ever explain the music I like. I don’t have just one genre I like, and I don’t like all of any genre. I lean toward folk music and rock but love music in nearly all genres. Even out of the songs I like, I don’t like them all the time. I like music according to my mood to the point where I get frustrated if I’m not in the mood for a particular song. The sound has to appeal to me but so do the lyrics. If I don’t like the lyrics or find them stupid, it won’t matter how much I can wiggle a tush to it.
9. I’ve had my lip pierced twice. The first time I got it pierced on the way home from Ozzfest. I had to take it out for a job, and the hole closed up. The second time I got it pierced as a reward for weight loss. I took it out when my son was young. He kept looking at it and me weird. When I asked him about it, he said he didn’t like it and it made him feel uncomfortable. After that, it hardly seemed worth trying again. I miss playing with my lip ring, though.
10. I have four tattoos and hope to have more in the future. I hope to have my daughter design the next one.
11. I love tv shows and movies about other eras in time, but only if they’re done accurately. I’m a sucker for a good Western. I don’t know why just dig them. I like all sorts of tv shows and movies, but these are the sort I usually have to watch alone. lol
Ken’s 11 Questions
1. You are stuck on a deserted island (with adequate food, water, and shelter). What is the one book you would want to have with you?
*whimpers and cries* Just one! Not fair! “Slaughterhouse-Five” by Kurt Vonnegut. But I’d try to find a way to make my clothes out of other books. =P
2. Ginger or Maryanne?
Maryanne. I liked both, but I can identify more with Maryanne.
3. What is your dream job? Difficulty: No writing!
Artist of some sort. I like to sketch. I’ve always wanted to do my own comic. Or a game designer. I love the idea of creating my own game, and in fact, I recently purchased software to make my own game.
4. Zombies are coming. What is your weapon of choice?
Assault rifle or a shotgun, but the noise would worry me. I’d probably opt for a katana or a bat, something easy to grip and swing.
5. If you had to live your entire life as any character from any TV show, which character would it be, and why?
Dr. Who. I’d love to be able to travel through time and see new and interesting lands at my choosing. The isolation wouldn’t bother me so much. I’m the sort of person who doesn’t want lots of people around. I’m good with a few close people, which would suit the Doctor.
6. Would you rather live in a world that is blistering hot or freezing cold?
This is hard. I think freezing cold. I have no skills to help with blistering hot, but since I’m a knitter I could knit all of my clothes. I’d probably end up sweating by the time I was done.
7. If you could only listen to one singer/musician/band/composer for the rest of your life, who would it be?
Damn you, Ken! Not fair after question 1. =P I think I’d have to go with “The Jayhawks”. I’m almost always in the mood for some of their music.
8. Which would you rather be; rock star, movie star, best-selling author, top-ranked athlete, or just plain old you, but holding the winning lottery ticket in your hand?
A best-selling author is so tempting, but I could do a lot of good with the money. I could build my dream home and still give back. I could still write. I’d have to go with just plain old me holding the winning lottery ticket.
9. If you could choose right now, knowing that there was no way to alter the result later on, how long would you say you’d want to live?
I’d like to make it to 91, just to be able to say I made it to over 90. There’s still a lot I’d like to do and see. 51 more years, please. =D Wait. Is immortal a choice? Can I have superpowers?
10. Cats, dogs, something else, or nothing at all?
All the critters! I love cats and dogs. We’ve had a couple hamsters over the years. They were awesome. After we move, I plan to get bunnies, chickens, and/or ducks. I dig animals. They’ve got such unique personalities. You never know what you’ll get.
11. Easy finish. What is your favourite sport and sports team?
My favorite sport would be volleyball followed closely by basketball. I don’t really have a favorite team. I don’t follow sports teams enough to have a favorite team.
No nominations or questions from me, since it took me forever to finish this. Sorry, Ken. Unfortunately, your nomination came while I was having a bout of headaches and body shenanigans, so this got back burner’d for a while.